Our teeth play many vital roles one which includes having that ideal smile. This perfect smile, however, cannot be achieved when the teeth are either missing or are in bad shape and color. Moreover, lack of a tooth or more can lead to gum diseases and difficulty in chewing and speaking. One may feel ashamed of even opening their mouth. This conditions or instead problems, however, can be rectified using Hammond dental crowns and bridges.
The use of dental crown has been in existence for a while now, and it involves covering the affected tooth using a tooth-shaped cap returning the teeth’s strength, shape and size, and appearance. The crown can be made from metal alloys, porcelain, ceramic, acrylic and even gold. Anesthetic is applied to the damaged tooth, and it is filed to correct shape and size. If the tooth is small in size, a filling material is used to increase the tooth’s core. Then the crown is then cemented covering the part of the tooth above the gum line.
Situations Where Crown is Needed
- When a tooth is fractured or when a weak tooth needs to be protected
- When enclosing a discolored tooth
- When covering a tooth implant
- When covering a tooth that has received a root canal treatment
Hammond Dental Bridges
Dental bridges are used in cases where one is missing one or more teeth. They fill the gap left by using ‘fake tooth/teeth’ which are cemented to adjacent teeth or implants in some cases.
There are Four Main Types of Bridges
1. Traditional bridges. It involves a fake tooth referred to which is held with dental crowns (abutments) and used in circumstances where there exist natural teeth on both sides of the space or gap. The enamel of the natural teeth on both sides of the gap are scrubbed off to create space for the crowns.
2. Cantilever bridges. It is similar to traditional bridges only that cantilever bridges are used in a situation where there is just one natural tooth.
3. Maryland bonded bridges or resin-bonded bridges. Porcelain or metal framework is used to hold in place the fake teeth.
4. Implant-supported bridges. This is where dental implants are used in cases where one is missing two or more teeth.
Cases Where Bridges are Used
- When you want to recover that long lost smile
- When there is need to prevent other teeth from moving out of position
It is now time to get your teeth checked out and corrected by Hammond dental crowns and bridges. Its time recover that perfect smile!